Telephone Treasure Trail 2010
Only five groups got all 20 clues correct plus the web clue. None on Monday night, two on Tuesday and Wednesday and one on Thursday. On Monday night only two groups got 19 clues correct plus the web clue.
A draw was made for a shared 1st Prize: won by Congleton (Tuesday) and Battle&District (Wednesday) £50 each
Monday Prize: shared between Heswall 1 and Hatfield - £25 each.
Tuesday Prize: awarded to Harpenden - £50.
Wednesday Prize: awarded to Woolton Hill -£50.
Thursday Prize: awarded to Ormskirk & Aughton -£50
In this way all the groups who got 20 clues plus the web clue correct get £50. Monday’s prize is shared by the two groups who did best.
The Clue Holder prizes go to:
Monday – Susan Avery
Tuesday – Angela Pritchard
Wednesday – Anne Foote
Thursday – Gill Hope
Can you work out what the clues mean? Each one leads to a single word or short phrase. The clues were complied by Broadstone NWR.
The answers to TTT 2010
- Home to an Egyptian Goddess REVEAL ANSWER
- Occupation of English Composer's No. 9 REVEAL ANSWER
- A Classic could be the scene of his triumph REVEAL ANSWER
- Not a Track event REVEAL ANSWER
- Winter Olympics were held here in the 50s REVEAL ANSWER
- The RAF gets here with difficulty REVEAL ANSWER
- Coloured coat could be the reward for excellence REVEAL ANSWER
- Toscanini, Von Karajan, Barenboim etc. REVEAL ANSWER
- This place was looted on your tour in Spain REVEAL ANSWER
- Resident in the Angel Choir REVEAL ANSWER
- This HMS was the pride of Queen Victoria's fleet REVEAL ANSWER
- Not the shortest route from A to B REVEAL ANSWER
- Mrs Boris Alperovici lived here REVEAL ANSWER
- Hermes was such a oneREVEAL ANSWER
- An absurd pretence REVEAL ANSWER
- Foot? REVEAL ANSWER
- You will find a fabulous Moorish Palace here REVEAL ANSWER
- He took part in medieval battles REVEAL ANSWER
- Such an attitude shows lack of care REVEAL ANSWER
- This brand launched by Unilever in 1969 was the first of its kind in the UK REVEAL ANSWER
- Here you will find a bridge, a palace, an abbey and a cathedral REVEAL ANSWER
- Headline "Goalkeeper turns ball and saves in tight match"REVEAL ANSWER
- One of the Grimm shoemaker's friends REVEAL ANSWER
WEB CLUE. Academic royalty here is plural REVEAL ANSWER