why become a member?
There are many reasons why women join us. The reasons are as individual as you, but here are some of the great things you can expect when you are part of the NWR family.
- Build new and lasting relationships
- Open new doors on life
- Make instant friends when you move
- Engage in stimulating discussions
- Get out and about with GREAT member discounts
- Connect and share through our many groups Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Make friends across the country - and from the comfort of your own home - with one of our special interest groups that include pen friends, correspondence mags and postal book groups.
- Attend our yearly National Conference at a discounted rate
- Gain access to our resources library
- Participate in the Big Read
- Join the annual Telephone Treasure Trail
- Enter our competitions for the chance to win great prizes
- Receive two NWR Magazines per year plus regular e newsletters
However, with all the unprecedented change brought about by the Coronavirus and Lockdown, where groups are not currently able to meet physically, we have added many benefits at a National level for members:
- Online speakers on fascinating subjects that members can attend by Zoom
- Online Quizzes
- Free access to all members of the DigitalTheatrePlus website, where you can watch hundreds of high quality theatre productions.
- Regular newsletters so that members can keep in touch across the country and share news and ideas
Becoming a member only costs £25 per annum. This covers all of our national administration costs so that we can put on the fun-filled events and activities mentioned above. Some local clubs may charge a small additional fee.
Ready to join?
Please fill out the contact form on the join NWR page and we will be in touch promptly.
Not yet convinced?
- Read more about us
- Scroll down to read our FAQs and what our members say about NWR
- Read our blog post Why I'm a member?
- Try three meetings for FREE before you decide!
Where is my nearest NWR group?
Use the Groups section on this website to quickly see locations of NWR groups near you or contact the office who can find the details of your nearest groups. New groups start regularly so even if we don't have a group listed near to you please do get in touch.
When are NWR meetings?
Each group has its own programme of events and activities, which are available via the website or from the group themselves.
How do I make my application?
We’re very glad you’d like to join – welcome! Membership application forms are available from your local group organiser or from the office. You can pay via your group’s treasurer or directly to NWR by Direct Debit or cheque.
Can I start my own group?
Yes, we can support you with posters and helpful resources to start your own NWR group.
Visit our FAQs page for more questions and answers.
What our members say
We thought you might like to read for yourselves what members love about being members...