Have you joined a gym? Are you cutting down on alcohol? Have you decided to be kinder to yourself or others? What is your New Year’s resolution?
Here are the top ten resolutions of 2017 (according to statisticbrain.com).
- Lose Weight/healthier eating
- Life/self improvements
- Better financial decisions
- Quit smoking
- Do more exciting things
- Spend more time with family/close friends
- Work out more often
- Learn something new on my own
- Do more good deeds for others
- Find the love of my life
So you’ve made your resolution… Now how do you plan to stick to it?
According to the NHS these are the top ten ways to choosing an acheivable goal:
- Make only one resolution and channel all your energy into this one thing.
- Avoid previous resolutions.
- Take time to formulate your idea. Don’t wait until New Year's Eve to decide.
- Think about what you really want out of life.
- Make a list of all the benefits you’ll enjoy if you achieve your goal.
- Break your goal into a series of steps. Focusing on sub-goals that are concrete, measurable and time-based.
- Keeping a journal or spreadsheet of your progress.
- Give yourself a small reward whenever you achieve a sub-goal.
- Tell your friends and family about your resolution. You're more likely to get support and want to avoid failure.
- Expect to revert to your old habits from time to time. Think of any failure as merely a temporary setback.
And here is a round up of apps that could help you along the way.
Good luck everyone!