Well the dust has finally settled on the Chester Conference 2018 - and what a success it was. Huge 'thank yous' once again to all the organisers. As the baton is firmly passed on to the organisers of Plymouth 2019 we asked Penny and Jill for the five top tips for running a successful conference, and here is what they said:
- Have enough people on the committee to do everything so as much as possible is in house and have frequent meetings.
- Book relevant speakers to the theme who will give food for thought and discussion.
- Plan activities that are a mixture of light and serious, also active both physically and mentally.
- Pay lots of attention to detail, check and check again on bookings, the booking system, communications and budget, and still be prepared for criticism.
- Have fun and look forward to a celebratory post conference lunch with new friends made...
Judging from the photograph it certainly seems that number 5 was taken seriously!